Don’t let those thanksgiving leftovers go to waste! While turkey sandwiches are delicious after Thanksgiving weekend, it’s always great to add some veggies to those leftovers for extra nutrients and flavour.
Check out these different ideas to reuse those Thanksgiving leftovers:
- Leftover turkey? No problem! Add some fresh flavour by adding nectarines and turning it into this fresh turkey salad stuffed pita. Just sub the chicken for turkey and add as many veggies as you’d like.
- Simple can still be delicious! Turn your leftover turkey into a hearty stew with some potatoes, carrots, onion, and celery. Use a bouquet of dried herbs to give it extra flavour such as rosemary, thyme and sage.
- Love your leftover mashed potatoes! Re-bake them in oiled donut pans to get a crispy treat that will be gobbled up even after turkey day. Alternatively try these mashed potato waffles for brunch.
- Extra cranberry sauce should be savoured. Try using it in some mozzarella grilled cheese. Make it a meal by adding any leftover greens from dinner.
- Small pieces of leftover turkey is perfect for a turkey potpie. Buy some puff pastry and try Canadian Living’s Easy Turkey Pot Pie
- Don’t let that leftover wine go to waste either. Use it to add to pasta sauces, cooked vegetables, soup, stews, or desserts. Poached peaches or poached pairs are perfect for using up leftover red wine.