Broccoli salad is a great choice for special occasions as well as everyday meals. Make it ahead and pop it in the fridge until you are ready to enjoy. We are confident you’ll agree that all of these flavours and textures come together perfectly.
- 2 heads of fresh broccoli, chopped into small bite sized pieces (about 3 ½ to 4 cups)
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 SweeTango apple, skin left on. Cored and cut into bite sized pieces
- ¼ cup raisons
- ¼ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/8 cup white vinegar
- 1/8 cup white sugar
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- Combine broccoli, onion, apple, raisons and nuts in a large bowl.
- Briskly stir together vinegar, sugar and mayo in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and mix to evenly cover the broccoli and apple.
- Best left for at least one hour before enjoying, or make overnight and let the flavours combine in a covered container. Always store this in the fridge. If you don’t eat it all right away, this will last in the fridge for up to three days.
Note: If you aren’t vegan, regular mayo can be substituted.
This recipe was provided to us by SweeTango.com