Foods that are high in water and potassium and low in sodium help flush out unwanted fluids. In particular, foods such as celery, cucumber, parsley and watermelon are said to have a diuretic effect, which means they help beat the bloat. In addition, cut back on salty foods and drink enough water every day.
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled
- 3 medium carrots, washed
- 2 celery stalks
- 1/2 red pepper, washed and seeded
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh cilantro
- 2 cups (500 mL) watermelon cut to fit your juicer
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of horseradish
- In a juicer, extract the juice from all of the above ingredients. Serve plain or over ice.
- Alternatively, you can make a drink using a blender if you don’t have a juicer.
Per Serving: 115 Calories, 0.8 g Total Fat, 0.1 g Saturated Fat, 0 Trans Fat, 101 mg
Sodium, 27 g Carbohydrate, 0 g Fibre, 17.2 g Sugars, 3 g Protein
Recipe provided by: watermelon.org