The sweet and crunchy nature of this salad makes it a crowd-pleaser that’s great warm or at room temperature. It’s perfect for satiating the craving for veggies and healthy meals during the cooler months. Serve this warm Brussels sprout salad at your next Sunday supper and gather your family for a nutritious and healthy dinner.
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 lb. (450 g) Brussels sprouts, washed, dried, trimmed
- Half of a small white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp (1 mL) nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped pecans
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium flame.
- Shred Brussels sprouts in a food processor fitted with slicing blade and add to pan along with chopped onions. Cook while stirring for two minutes. Add nutmeg, ground ginger, salt and pepper and continue to stir for another minute or two until Brussels sprouts are slightly wilted.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice, cranberries and pecans. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Produce Made Simple Tip: 1 pound of fresh sprouts (20-25 sprouts) = approx. 3 cups cut up