This super green Warm Ontario Asparagus and Edamame Salad is the perfect side dish for family dinner! Serve this quick warm salad with grilled shrimp or chicken for a light and healthy dinner.
10 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced ginger
- 1 bunch Ontario asparagus, trimmed and sliced on the angle into 2-inch (5 cm) pieces
- 3 green onions, sliced on the angle into 2-inch (5 cm) pieces
- 1 cup (250 mL) shelled edamame
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Asian-style hot chili sauce, such as Sriracha or sambal oelek
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- Lime wedges
- Heat the oil a large skillet or wok set over high heat. Add garlic and ginger; cook, stirring for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the asparagus and green onion; cook stirring for 1 minute.
- Add edamame and hot sauce; cook stirring for 30 seconds. Add soy sauce and sugar. Cook, stirring until asparagus is tender-crisp. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and serve with lime wedges.
Nutritional Information per Serving (3/4 cup/175 mL): Calories 94, Fat 5g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 261mg, Carbohydrates 6g, Fibre 1.5g, Sugar 6g, Protein 6g