Home-made watermelon juice is easy to make, just blend it up! This secret ingredient will add a natural sweetness and a punch of summertime goodness to your next BBQ.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) watermelon juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) red pepper flakes
- Stir all ingredients together. Reserve some sauce for basting. Pour enough sauce over vegetables, chicken, pork, fish or shellfish to marinate. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight. Baste with additional sauce while grilling or broiling. Sauce not used for marinating or basting can be spooned over cooked vegetables and meats.