The sweet, crunchy taste of watermelon pairs well with full-bodied vinegar in this otherwise traditional Greek salad. Make it to spruce up your salad game this summer!
- 3 cups (750 mL) kale, chopped fine
- 2 cups (250 mL) diced watermelon, seeded (or buy seedless)
- 2 cups (250 mL) peeled and diced English cucumber
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Kalamata olives, cut in halves
- ¼ cup (60 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh mint
- Grated pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- In a large bowl, add kale, watermelon, cucumber, onion and olives.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, mint and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss thoroughly. Top with feta cheese. Serve.
This recipe was kindly provided by our featured member, Watermelon Board!