Dehydrated watermelon jerky makes for a pleasantly chewy snack. This is better than any fruit leather you can buy at the store!
- 1 medium watermelon cut into 6"-8" strips about 1/2" thick (think men's belt or Hershey bar)
- Place watermelon strips in dehydrator or in your oven at the lowest setting (no higher than 200ºF/93ºC) for 8 hours. This can take 8-12 hours, or up to 24 hours depending on your climate.
- The watermelon crisps after cooling. Make thicker slices for a fruit leather roll up type snack. Make thinner for crisped watermelon chips.
- Store for up to 1 month at room temperature.
- For storage up to 1 year, place tightly wrapped rolls in the freezer.