With the summer heat and humidity, we all need to cool down somehow, right? This watermelon strawberry shake and frozen smoothie pops use the same recipe, and can be either served with a straw or frozen on a popsicle!
Delicious both ways.
- 1 cup (250 mL) non-fat yogurt. We recommend vanilla, strawberry or lemon flavour.
- 2 cups (500 mL) cubed, seedless watermelon
- 1 pint (2 cups or 500 mL) fresh strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- 1 medium sized banana, peeled and sliced
- Strawberry Shake (above)
- Small paper cups and popsicle sticks OR store bought popsicle moulds
- In blender or food processor, process yogurt, watermelon, strawberries and banana until smooth and frothy. Serve immediately.
- Pour prepared Watermelon Strawberry Shake into small paper cups. Freeze, inserting popsicle sticks or plastic spoons when mixture is partially frozen. Alternatively use store bought moulds.
- The Watermelon Strawberry Shake mixture can also be poured into an ice cream machine. Press set and enjoy!