This juice, depicted in the glass on the right, can be made either with a conventional juicer or with a strong blender. The benefit of blending is all of the phytonutrients and antioxidants are retained, while much of this is lost when the pulp is thrown away with a conventional juicer.
- 2 cups (500 mL) watermelon cubes
- large lemon, peeled
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22.5 mL) peeled fresh ginger
- 2 medium carrots (cut to fit your blender or juicer)
- JUICER: Juice all ingredients in a conventional juicer. Makes 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) juice.
- BLENDER: In a strong blender, place watermelon first then the remaining ingredients.
- Turn blender on low until watermelon is liquefied then gradually increase speed. Blend for 2 minutes.
Per Serving: 80 Calories, 0.5 g Total Fat, 0 g Saturated Fat, 0 Trans Fat, 45 mg Sodium, 19.6 g Carbohydrate, 2.4 g Fibre, 13.2 g Sugars, 1.9 g Protein
Recipe provided by: watermelon.org