Spinach Goes Well With:
Produce: strawberries, lemon, mushrooms, red pepper, potatoes, onion, avocado, tomato, carrot, mandarin, sweet potato, artichoke, broccoli, apple, fig, sundried tomatoes, cauliflower, basil, and eggplant
Herbs & Spices: balsamic vinegar, dill, garlic, ginger, mustard, nutmeg, olive oil, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, salt, soy sauce, cardamom, cloves, white wine, and chives
Dairy: butter, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, white cheddar, soft cheeses like goat cheese or feta cheese, hard cheeses like parmesan, asiago, or romano, and cream
Savoury: Fish, chicken, shrimp, veal, scallops, lentils, eggs, bacon, hummus, chickpeas, rice, quinoa, pasta, tofu, white beans, almonds, pine nuts, and pecans
- For a quick, easy and healthy weeknight meal try sautéeing mushrooms and spinach with shrimp and garlic.
- Turn your typical risotto green by incorporating some spinach!
- Try adding cooked spinach to your scrambled eggs or omelets in the morning. Or serve a poached egg on a bed of velvety cooked spinach!
- You can also incorporate spinach into smoothies, soups, casseroles and pastas.
- Spinach will boost your smoothie’s nutrient content and change the colour, without changing the flavour of whatever sweetness you add to it! What a powerhouse!
- Mix spinach and sundried tomatoes with a creamy cheese such as goat cheese and stuff chicken breasts before baking.
- Try our Spinach ricotta pie recipe! Flaky layerswith lots of creamy, spinach goodness!
- Raw spinach is great in salads and sandwiches. Try making a spinach salad and add cucumbers, tomatoes, strawberries, sesame seeds, a little goat cheese and mix with balsamic dressing.