Tomatoes Go Well With
Tomatoes go well with almost anything! Of course, they are especially delicious when paired with Italian flavours like oregano, balsamic vinegar, capers, olive oil, garlic, bocconcini or fresh mozzarella cheese. Or Mediterranean-inspired flavours like olives, feta cheese, and cucumbers.
They can also be enjoyed with Parmesan cheese, basil, bacon, rice, mushrooms, pasta, onion, avocado, crusty breads, strawberries, chickpeas, eggs, fennel, parsley, pepper, watermelon and Worcestershire sauce.
Tomato Serving Ideas
- Enjoy ripe tomatoes by eating them fresh in salads and sandwiches. You can kick it up a notch and try halving them and grilling them on the BBQ, or stuffing them with rice, cheese and herbs and roasting them in the oven.
- Add tomatoes to flatbread for an easy and tasty lunch.
- You could make your own tomato bacon jam for a great condiment to spice up your regular sandwiches or barbecued burgers.
- Enjoy fresh tomatoes topped with salt and pepper alongside your eggs and bacon in the morning.
- Make your own fresh salsa to serve along tortillas or on baked potatoes.
- Chop tomatoes and add fresh basil, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and red onion to make a perfect bruschetta topping for a baguette.
- Try making your own kimchi tomatoes for a bold and flavourful side dish.
- Bookmark this recipe for fresh Ontario greenhouse tomato-basil soup and serve it with crispy grilled cheese sandwich.
- Make shakshuka for breakfast to impress weekend guests, serve it your family for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.