This is a great way to get these super nutritious greens on the dinner table! This Wilted Swiss Chard Salad makes a great lunch or a side dish, and is so easy to customize. You can add some fennel or parsnip, some extra herbs for flavour, swap the raspberry vinegar for lemon juice, or swap out the almonds for walnuts. Find out what works best for you!
- 6 cups (1.5 L) chopped Swiss Chard
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced Leeks
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) small diced Carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced Almonds
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Piller's Westphalian Ham cut in thin strips
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Raspberry vinegar
- In a large non-stick fry pan over medium high heat, add olive oil warm olive oil for 1 minute. Add leeks, carrots sauté for 3 minutes.
- Then add almonds and Westphalian Ham sauté for 3 minutes.
- Finally add Swiss Chard and sauté for 1 minute.
- Place salad in a large serving tray and drizzle Raspberry Vinegar over salad.
This recipe is developed by Chef D, otherwise known as Darryl Fletcher is a regular guest on TV shows across Canada, sharing delicious recipes with an informative and approachable flair. He also is the host of his own tv shows, At Home with Chef D and Chefdtv.com.Check out his simple and healthy beet smoothieand beet slaw, as seen on CHCH Morning Live.