Looking for a fun summer salad to make? Why not try this delicious pasta salad from our friends at Zespri Kiwifruit. You’ll love the fresh flavours and the addition of Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit takes this Rotini Pasta Salad to a whole other level by adding another dimension of texture and flavour!
- 1 (14.5 oz) box of whole grain, high protein rotini
- 2 Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup sliced basil
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions, until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a large size bowl.
- Mix the pasta with fruit and vegetable mixture.
- Note: We love using pastas with higher protein amounts. Normally these kinds of pastas are made with garbanzo or quinoa flour in addition to semolina.
Recipe courtesy of our friends at Zespri Kiwifruit.