This hearty kale salad is loaded with juicy Honeycrisp apple slices, buttery wedges of delicata squash, and roasted mushrooms served on a bed of kale. Dressed in a sweet and tangy pomegranate vinaigrette, this autumnal stunner is vegan, gluten-free, and 100% delicious.
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 delicata squash, seeded and sliced
- 227g (8oz) cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup pomegranate juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard, heaping
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 300g kale, coarsely chopped
- 2 Ontario-grown Honeycrisp apples, sliced and brushed with lemon juice (Note 1)
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Arrange the squash slices on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle the squash with olive oil and sprinkle it generously with salt. Place the squash in the oven and roast for 30 minutes, turning the squash halfway through.
- While the squash is in the oven, arrange the mushrooms on a small baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle the mushrooms with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place the mushrooms in the oven after you flip the squash. Roast for 15 minutes.
- While the veg is roasting, place the garlic, pomegranate juice, olive oil, agave syrup, mustard, white vinegar, and salt in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Place the kale in a large bowl and pour the dressing over top. Toss to coat.
- Transfer the Kale to a platter and top with the warm squash slices, mushrooms, apple slices, and pomegranate arils. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Susan of Rhub and Cod