We eat with your eyes and this salad presents itself, deliciously. Look for stringless snap peas and you’ll find preparation a “snap”!
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, peeled, and cut into small dice
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped Stringless Sugar Snap peas
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry or grape tomatoes in assorted colours, halved
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup (75 mL) chopped fresh Basil
- 1/4 cup (75 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest, juice, and black pepper.
- You are going to layer your salad. First arrange the tomato slices, overlapping slightly, on a serving platter. Sprinkle the cucumber and peas over the tomato slices. Scatter the bite size tomatoes over the cucumber. Sprinkle the olives on top.
- Garnish with the fresh basil over the salad and serve immediately.
- Tip: If you have something in your cupboard called finishing salt or course sea salt this is an ideal recipe to experiment on. Sprinkle this salt sparingly over the first layer of sliced tomatoes.